Friday, May 6, 2011

Shout out to my girl Amanda!

Job well done to my girl Amanda and her friend Stacey for running their first 1k...Good Job girls!!

You know, I've been getting lots of positive feedback from my friends and family.  I've gotten Facebook messages saying I'm inspiring people, which honestly shocked the shit out of me...Me, inspiring someone else is NOT something that I ever thought I could do, really, it's not.  But I will tell ya, it feels pretty good.

This past week was very challenging for me, coming back from a vacation where I was nothing close to faithful to my new Clean Eating life.  I did manage to get 3 workouts in, and a couple of classes, which I'm happy about.  The eating was a bit harder...

Tomorrow morning is grocery day, I can't wait...getting all my clean treats and stocking up on fruits and veggies...one thing I am really looking forward to is...SMOOTHIES...That's right my friends it's SMOOTHIE season...Check out these 2 smooties from one of my bibles, The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook.

Simple Sunshine Smoothie
1/2 cup of non fat cottage cheese
1/2 milk - Skim, Soy, Almond, rice, goat or any milk of your choice
1/2 tsp good quality vanilla
1 scoop of protein powder of your choice, vanilla or chocolate\
1 orange, peeled
1 tbsp of wheat germ
handfull of ice

Puree and ENJOY!!

Here's another,but for breaky this time!

Breakfast in a Blender

1 scoop of protein powder of your choice
1/3 cup of dry oatmeal
2/3 cup of water or milk of choice
1 tbsp natural almond butter or any nut butter of your choice, choose natural it's better for you.
1 frozen banana, or fresh
2 tbsp of unsweetened applesauce
1 tbsp flax seed, ground or whole seeds
t tbsp of wheat germ
1/2 cup of ice cubes

Blend the heck out of all of this

275 calories, 8g protein, 3g fat, 55g carbs (all good carbs) 6g dietary fiber

Enjoy...and if you make this, please let me know what you think!

Thank you to all my friends and family who take the time to read. I love you! 

Tomorrow morning 10am, I'll be at Cycle!! Wooohoooo!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment