Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's meeeee again!!!!

Ouff what a day!  I kicked my fitness up today like a freakshow...Oh yeah!  So I did a 60 minute Body Pump Class on my lunch, yay for me!  Then after work I went back down to the gym and did my 40 minutes of Cardio, then walked home, another 20 minutes! Fuck, I'm on fire...I feel so good.
I have decided not to step on the scale until February.  I'm stressing myself out with not seeing numbers and normally I would feel so discouraged and give up...Yup...I would just give up in the past.  But that was the past.  I have been doing so well that I just can't give up.  I know that I have been weight training as well as cardio and muscle does weight more than fat.  So that's what I'm going with.  I mean, shit, we all read it right.  So I'm gonna just believe it and go with it!
Tomorrow, Abs and Yoga...I'll gonna be nice to stretch it all out.  I'm sure I'll be so sore already from today's workout...so Yoga will be just the thing I'll need!!

Here's a tidbit.

Build Muscle to Lose Fat – Fat vs Muscle Diagram

burn-muscle.jpg
The great fat vs muscle diagram below paints a clear picture of why it's so important for you to build muscle in order to lose fat.

Maybe you've wondered about muscle vs fat and why you need to build muscle to lose fat, look slim and keep the inches off.

Well, look no further! With the fat vs muscle diagram below you'll see why healthy permanent weight loss requires you to build muscle to lose fat.

However, many women are afraid they'll "bulk-up" if they build muscle.

And since muscle weighs more than fat, they think they'll look bigger instead of slim and trim, which is their weight control goal. But as you can see from this fat vs muscle diagram, it's just the opposite.

Plus, as far as bulking up is concerned, it's hard enough for men to bulk-up and they have much more of the natural hormones necessary.

Fat vs Muscle Diagram

The facts are clear. The best way to lose fat and look slimmer is to build muscle. Since one picture's worth a thousand words, here's 5 lbs of muscle vs fat of the same weight. Notice 5 lbs of fat is three times bigger.



This means that if you were to build 5 lbs of muscle and lose 5 lbs of fat, you would weigh exactly the same, but look smaller and firmer.

So imagine if it were 25 lbs or 50 lbs of lost fat vs muscle gained.

This is why it's possible for you to lose fat inches when exercising, yet show no change in scale weight. And can you see how firm the muscle looks compared to the lumpy, tapioca pudding consistency of fat?

Build Muscle to Lose Fat Benefits

Although daily physical activity, like walking, swimming and aerobics are essential to good heart health and weight management, combining muscle building weight training with cardiovascular exercise, gives you an unbeatable combination to lose fat and keep it off permanently.

Of course it takes a few weeks before you see any measurable changes. But you'll start to build muscle, lose fat and burn more calories from the moment you begin weight training. Building muscle helps you:

1. Burn more calories. Unlike fat, muscle beefs up your metabolism to help you burn more fat and calories throughout each day.

2. Improve appearance. When done properly, strength training can greatly improve your posture and help to prevent joint pain.

3. Build confidence. Strong muscles and joints increase your level of confidence in your abilities to perform many lifestyle activities.

4. Prevent injury. Strength training can build stronger muscles and more limber, flexible joints, which play a crucial role in preventing injury.

5. Increase bone density. Weight bearing activities improve your bone density and reduce bone loss. This helps to prevent osteoporosis.

The latest research shows that weight training combined with aerobics is the best way to build a strong, firm, slender body and keep it that way.

So, if you want to look and feel better than ever, you need to build muscle to lose fat. Just use the fat vs muscle diagram above for inspiration and find yourself a qualified professional to help, so you don't hurt yourself.

Then go for it and stick to it on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment