Saturday, January 29, 2011

It was a loose week, but I made it!

Yippee...I made it.  It started off reeeaallll good with a excellent lunch time work out and after work workout as well...Tuesday I found myself at a Body Pump class on my lunch...good class, but it fuckin' killed me for the week.  Even though I knew that I'd be sore the next day, I still pumped through the class...I woke up Wed morning, quite surprised...I was sore, but no nearly as sore as I thought I would be...so I went to Abs and Yoga on my lunch that day...but it wasn't until Thursday when the fuckin' shit hit the fan...OMG!!  Burn isn't the word...Oh and I forgot to mention on Wednesday I helped Jodi out for the second year with the homeshow, so I walked around the Western Fair show buildings for 3 hours.  So essentially a 3 hour walk...by the end of the night my legs were pretty stiff...hard to go up and down stairs.  So as I was saying...OMG...Thursday was a killer...it was my rest day, thank god...I don't think I could have done anything....ouff...still managed to put in another 3 hour walk...Friday morning woke up and was still so sore, I had to skip my workout. 
So that brings us to today...yours truly, Saturday...had every intention to make it to my very first Cycle class...but my poor husband was sick as a dog, and I had to do laundry and a few errands and missed the class.  That's ok though, this afternoon I went and got an hour and a half workout...it wasn't busy, so I managed to get some free weight training in rather than used the machines like I normally do. 
So all in all, got 4 workouts in and feeling alright.  Was a bit bloated some Thursday night...got a little visitor if you know what I mean...uck! 
I had a pretty Clean week too...except today...I ate Pizza...yes, I did it...2 peices.  It's over and done with...and won't happy again for at least a month or so, I say that because my husbands 35th birthday is coming up and we will be going out for dinner.  Not to say I won't choose a clean meal...just saying it might be half and half...!  By then I'm hoping to have seen some results on the scale that I'm happy with.
I get my measurements taken Feb 4th...so stay tuned for that. 
Ok, so I'm off to put laundry away, make the bed and dye my hair...oh ya and ice my foot..damn you Planters Ficiatis (sp?) 

Here's a tidbit in case you don't know what what it it:

Plantar fasciitis is a painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia. Longstanding cases of plantar fasciitis often demonstrate more degenerative changes than inflammatory changes, in which case they are termed plantar fasciosis.[1] The plantar fascia is a thick fibrous band of connective tissue originating on the bottom surface of the calcaneus (heel bone) and extending along the sole of the foot towards the five toes. It has been reported that plantar fasciitis occurs in two million Americans a year and 10% of the population over a lifetime.[2] It is commonly associated with long periods of weight bearing. Among non-athletic populations, it is associated with a high body mass index.[3] The pain is usually felt on the underside of the heel and is often most intense with the first steps of the day. Another symptom is that the sufferer has difficulty bending the foot so that the toes are brought toward the shin (decreased dorsiflexion of the ankle). A symptom commonly recognized among sufferers of plantar fasciitis is increased probability of knee pains, especially among runners.




 So there you have it! Tidbit compliments of Wikipedia and images from Google.
I'm out.
~Tanya~

No comments:

Post a Comment