Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's easy to judge

My gawd, what the hell is wrong with me.  So sorry for the delay in posting.  Thanksgiving has passed, my computer was on the outs and was in being repaired, and I have been neglecting my vow to get my shit organized to loose this fucking weight I'm carrying around.

So Saturday morning, Oct. 9th, I got up, went to the gym and had one of the best workouts I have had in ages.  I mean, I was given er.

20 mins on the Eliptical
15 mins on the treadmill (running for 5 of those 15, with walking breaks)
10 mins on the bike.

Then I did some arms, and also 15 mins of Abs on the mat.  When I left the gym I felt worked out...felt so good. 

Then Sunday we had friends over for dinner, instead of the traditional turkey we made ham, potatoes (mashed with butter and sour cream, ya not the lowest of fat I know), carrots, brocoli and crescent rolls.  Needless to say it was a really great meal, tasty and comfortable...isn't that how it always is:

Fat = Comfortable

So anyway, now that I got all that out of my system...

I need to name drop...Thanks to my girl Miranda for all the awesome tips, she's Eating Clean as well...and not only that, she had the opportunity to meet Tosca Reno, the creator of the Eat Clean Diet and also the author of the recently released, Best Body Now.  Check out her site, she's amazing and so inspiring!  www.toscareno.com  Miranda has been trying alot of Tosca eats from her first cookbook, which by the way, I freaking own...!  So I probably need to get my ass in gear and start making more of her recipes and I promise that in the next few weeks I will share some ideas with you.

I have weighed myself today, I am still the same which makes me sad.  It's been over a month now, and not even a pound.  I know why though...I haven't gotten my routine down pack yet.  I can surely talk the talk, but really...I need to move it.  MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT...I always seem to come up with some sort of excuse for myself...I want every workout to be like last Saturday workout. 

Here's the running program that I have come up with, with help from the internet of course.  I will start this next week...let's hope I can stick to it.  Challenge me...anyone...!  I walk home from work and think to myself, shit I need a Bob or Jillian to kick my ass...I wonder if I would work out harder or more if someone was screaming at me...who knows.

Do you think this is realistic?

8 Week Running Program

Time Required: Eight weeks

Here's How:
  1. Get medical clearance from your doctor before you get started.
  2. Getting the right running shoes for your foot type is crucial for comfort and injury prevention . Visit a running store to get expert advice on buying the right running shoes .
  3. Before you start your workouts, make sure you warm up properly by walking for 5-10 minutes. You should always end your workout with a cooldown.
  4. Week one: Walk for 6 minutes, then jog at an easy pace for 1 minute. Repeat 3 times. Aim for three sessions with that same sequence for week one.
  5. Week two: Walk for 5 minutes, then jog for 2 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Aim to do three sessions in week two.
  6. Week three: Walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 4 minutes. Repeat 4 times. Aim for four sessions in week three.
  7. Week four: Walk for 2 minutes, then jog for 5 minutes. Repeat 4 times. Shoot for four of those sessions in week four.
  8. Week five: Walk for 2 minutes, then jog for 8 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Do four of those sessions in week five.
  9. Week six: Walk for 2 minutes, then jog for 9 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Try to do four sessions for week six.
  10. Week seven: Walk for 1 minute, then jog for 11 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Do four sessions this week.
  11. Week eight: Congratulations on making it to week eight! For your first run this week, try walking for 5 minutes to begin and end the workout, and run for 20 minutes in between. By the end of the week, try to run for 30 minutes without stopping.
Aim to run for 30 minutes four times a week, and you'll notice that your stamina and fitness will continue to improve. Soon you'll be ready to run your first 5K!


No comments:

Post a Comment